Do you want something a little different for lunch? These globetrotter-style sandwiches will whisk you away to far-flung corners of the globe. Let’s go on a real food adventure!
6 international recipes for muscly sandwiches
Many people eat sandwiches at lunchtime, most of the time repeating the same old recipes. We quickly fell into a dreary, routine (Oh no, not yet a ham and cheese!). It is, however, sufficient to seek inspiration in the world to make this necessary meal more enjoyable. This will result in unique combinations that are sure to stand out – while also providing you with the nutrients you need for strong muscles. Skip the bakery or supermarket and embark on a unique culinary adventure, bringing plenty of protein with you.
1.Africa: Chicken-Chutney Panini
Braaibroodjie is a sweet-savory combination of grilled cheese and fruit chutney that is as surprising as it is delicious. It is typically served at the end of a barbecue (or “braai” in Afrikaans). Forget about the sugar-stuffed industrial squares dipped in ketchup! To add a little more protein to the mix, we add chicken. You have three options for toasting your buttered bread: grill pan, panini press (our favorite), or low-heat outdoor grill.
- 1 C. to s. lightly softened butter
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- 140g cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
- 50g shredded strong white cheddar
- 60g of fruit chutney (for example mango or plum)
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat
- The bread should be buttered. Arrange the chicken, cheese, chutney, spring onion, and tomato on the unbuttered side of the first two pieces. Close with seconds, buttered side facing outwards.
- Place your sandwiches in the pan. Lightly flatten them with a metal pan lid, which you will leave in place during cooking. Grill for about 2 minutes, until the underside turns golden brown. Turn over and repeat the operation.
- 552 calories
- 41 grams of protein
- 44 grams of carbohydrates
- 23 grams of fat
For 2 people
Press “NEXT” To Read The Rest Of The Article