Internet domain registrars and web hosting providers such as Wix and GoDaddy are well-known. They are traded publicly, making millions in profit and spending equal amounts on advertising and marketing. The Wix vs GoDaddy argument has been ongoing and will continue attracting attention.
These two companies target the same market: small and medium-sized business owners, consumers, and online retailers. You can easily and quickly create a website that suits your needs using a tool that doesn’t require any coding knowledge, and both offer complete support for no cost.
Wix and GoDaddy, on the other side, seem to spend a lot on their website-building tools.
In 2019, GoDaddy announced a new version of their website builder, GoDaddy Web Sites + Marketing.
Wix is expanding into new product areas such as Wix Ascend and Editor X.
They share many similarities, and it may be hard to tell which one is best for your project.
There are some differences between the web builders that may help you make the right choice. We will compare both GoDaddy and Wix to determine which one is better.
Wix vs GoDaddy: What’s the Difference?
Wix Cloud-Based Website Builder includes hosting and design services.
Wix allows customers to create their website without needing web designers or having to learn complex web-development techniques.
Wix websites can be easily created, updated, and managed through the website. Wix offers a simple solution to all your website building needs:
The Wix Editor allows users to choose from hundreds of templates and modify them.
Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) is the fastest and easiest way to get a Wix website up and running.
Corvid, Wix’s most powerful website builder, allows customers to design and create their site.
GoDaddy was established in 1997, and it has grown to be a significant provider of web-building tools. They are the most popular domain registrar and host of websites globally.
Other GoDaddy services include eCommerce and professional business email. SSL certificates are also available. Website builders are also available.
If you have never created or managed a website before, it is easy to get lost in the ocean of options offered by GoDaddy. Amateurs and inexperienced entrepreneurs often purchase packages as they believe these features will be necessary to run a website.
Should I buy a domain from Wix or Godaddy instead?
It can be challenging to choose a domain registrar for your website. However, it all depends upon what you are looking at. You might need to do some research; however, it can be tedious and time-consuming.
Here are some comparisons between Wix & GoDaddy to help guide you in your decision-making.
Wix or GoDaddy: Which one is better?
GoDaddy has only four options. The structure is also laid out, and you can also get a free plan.
Domain names are expensive, even though they’re free for the first year. Premium plans will cost extra. If you only need an essential website with text, images and links, the GoDaddy Basic plan is a great option.
- Prices range from $0 (including the free plan) to $25.
- You won’t have the ability to use your domain name if you select the free plan.
- Four premium plans available with transparent pricing
- The domain name is free for the first year.
- You’ll receive a free email account for your business within the first year.
Wix’s website builder offers more customization options than most. You will still see ads on the low-cost and free Wix plans.
Email hosting is not included in the first year. However, a domain is included for free for the first year. They can only be obtained through them or another third-party vendor.
The monthly cost of a 12-month or 24-month membership will be lower.
- Price range: $0 (the free plan), up to $49.
- The free plan is open to everyone. You don’t have to mind the ads and can use them for as long as it takes.
- I recommend the Combo plan if you need a simple ad-free website with a domain name.
- Apps that you don’t need are included in other plans. It is usually better to browse the App Market before making your selections.
- To run an ecommerce site, you will need the Business Basic plan.
- A domain name is free for the first year, and it will cost around $15 per year after that.
GoDaddy’s ADI setup is the best way to get your website online. It is highly user-friendly. However, the editor is not as easy to use as Wix.
Wix’s drag and drop editor is easy to use for novices. ADI (Artificial design intelligence) is another option that Wix offers so that anyone can use it.
Wix and GoDaddy offer a lot of marketing options.
After you have completed building your website, you will want people to visit it. Wix and GoDaddy both offer a variety of marketing tools to help you make your job easier.
GoDaddy + Marketing is their product name for a reason. The package includes the Content Creator, Email Marketing Planner, Marketing Planner, and SEO Wizard.
Their email marketing services work seamlessly with your website, so it is easy to use their email marketing services. You can choose from the existing catalogue or add products as needed. You don’t need to re-enter any data (images, pricing, text, etc.).
Facebook offers a Facebook Sync option to link your website with Facebook. It can be tedious and time-consuming, and if you have done it before, you will know how difficult it can be. You have additional options for Instagram, Twitter and Yelp integrations.
Wix also offers a wide range of marketing tools. Wix Ascend, the business toolset, includes most of these features. Many devices can be used, including CRM, live chat and Wix’s SEO Wizard.
While Instagram and Facebook can be linked directly to your website, Twitter requires a third-party app.
Keep this in mind: If your primary goal is to sell products online, specialist solutions such as Shopify and WooCommerce are better.
The website builder can be linked to the online shops of Wix and GoDaddy. It’s possible to try it for free, but you cannot make any money during the trial period.
- Excellent product import functionality.
- GoDaddy Payments also allows you to offer services or appointments.
- You can also create an online shop or just a simple “Buy” and “Donate” button on your PayPal site.
- You can sell digital and physical items (ebooks, music etc.).
- Wix Payments, real-time shipping, automated taxes and abandoned cart recovery are some of the other features.
- More expensive ecommerce plans don’t offer more features, and it is mostly about storage capacity and response times. However, faster response times do not necessarily mean better support.
- Wix’s ecommerce options start at $23/month, which means you get more functionality for your dollar.
GoDaddy’s services are perfect for small websites because they are easy to use and highly effective. It does not offer an app store.
GoDaddy doesn’t have an app store. Pre-installed add-ons include the popup widget or live chat tool.
You’ll also find additional options that are specific to certain industries. Appointments and Services, for example, require the BusinessPlus package, which costs $20 per month.
Wix is the best app store for all things. Wix has everything you need or want to create a website.
- Wix App Market is one of the most popular. You may have to pay extra for premium services such as online payments.
- Wix has so many third-party apps that they all work seamlessly together.
- Wix has many applications, including Wix Hotels, Wix Bookings and Wix Forum. Wix Musi is also available.
GoDaddy’s more expensive plans include a valuable SEO Wizard, which can help you optimize your website for search engines.
Wix offers you the ability to control your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) through several SEO tools and other applications.
Value for money
GoDaddy offers four price tiers. The first is completely free. This is the most affordable option, with the lowest monthly payment.
Wix offers a free option among its many options. Its prices aren’t competitive, and they are much more expensive than the industry average.
Can I use Wix with GoDaddy?
Yes, you can. However, to do this, you will need a Wix premium subscription.
It is possible to connect and transfer your domain name into a Wix premium account. Once you have linked your domain name, it will remain on GoDaddy and redirect directly to your Wix site.
Wix will host your domain when you switch from GoDaddy to Wix. Everyone who enters your domain name will be directed to your Wix website.
Let’s say you want to keep GoDaddy your domain registrar. This is a good option for people who use their email service. You can link your GoDaddy domain to a Wix premium website. You will need to make some technical adjustments to GoDaddy’s system.